Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos [Movie]

So I watched another anime movie.
This one was the Fullmetal Alchemist movie: The Sacred Star of Milos



I shouldn't have to tell you what Fullmetal Alchemist is about. If you don't already know, look up the summery on Anime News Network (link on the right sidebar), then write "I am not an otaku, I am uncultured swine" on your school's blackboard 100 times. Then proceed to go watch the show on Netflix or Best Animes (link also on the right sidebar).
The movie takes place somewhere in the middle of the brother's journey, meaning everyone is still alive and well.
I really really enjoyed this movie, it had a lot of the good old Fullmetal Alchemist feel to it, with chimeras, Al losing his head, Ed being called short, breaking his automail, and Winry coming to fix it for him in the middle of a big intense battle. 
The one thing that did bother me, though, was the animation was definitely different from the usual FMA you see. The animation was simple, and had a more.... plastic(?) feel to it. I don't know how to describe it. First noticable difference was Ed's hair. Which still bothers me.

Ed's hair in Star of Milos
Ed's hair in FMA:Brotherhood
And then Julia (Second Lead, counting the Elric Brothers together as first lead. Yes, they come as a package), looks like she just popped right out of a Ghibli film.


Anyways. It was really good, I'd give it two big thumbs up. It's on Netflix if you want it dubbed, and of course it's on Best Animes if you want it subbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...

...