Friday, January 24, 2014

Eden of the East [Movie I & II]

So I just finished watching the first and second Eden of the East Movies.

Eden of the East: The King of Eden [Movie I]
Eden of the East: Paradise Lost [Movie II]

For those who don't know, Eden of the East is an awesome show, about a girl named Saki, who meets a strange young man outside the white house. With not a stitch of clothing, and carrying only a cellphone in one hand, and a gun in the other, he quickly explains that he's suffering from amnesia, and she offers to help. With some investigation, they find out that the cell phone has 8,200,000,000 yen on it, and a mysterious woman who grants his every request. The only condition she asks in return that he pay a certain fee per request, and that he use the mysterious cellphone to change Japan for the better.
The movies continue the story afterwards, when he requests to be king, saves Japan, then wipes his memory and disappears. Saki goes on a hunt for him in America, intent on bringing him back to Japan. Movie I goes first, then Movie II second. Don't be a rebel and watch them the other way around thinking they're not linked. Movie I ends, then Movie II continues the story. 

Also, as I was watching, I noticed something............ 


Coincidence? I THINK  NOT.

But really, the animation for Eden of the East resembles Studio Ghibli a lot. 
Lot of hair-lifting, and the way things move is very similar. If Studio Ghibli was re-vamped and got more detail and shininess, it would basically be the same. 

The music is awesome, and I'm gunna go hunt down somewhere I can download it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

...

...