Monday, June 16, 2014

Madoka Magica [Show]

 Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
"Make a contract with me and become a magical girl!"
Hah. Hahaha. Hahahahahhaha. HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.
The main plot of Madoka Magica is that Madoka Kaname
runs into a weird strange cat thing
who tells her "make a contract with me, and become a magical girl!" He promises that in exchange for becoming a magical girl, he'll grant any wish she wants. And thus begins the adventures of the magical girls, savers of the world from evil witches.

I have to say, my favorite thing about the show was the cool witch worlds. Every witch has a sort of enclosed space where they live. The entire world, including the witches, have a stark animation difference. The whole world looks like it's created out of newspaper clippings, animated through stop-motion. Everything has a flat feel, except for the characters themselves. Here's a few examples (click on them to make them bigger):





In regards to who you should show this show to..... don't judge this show by it's cutesy cover. Netflix has it rated TV-14 and has it listed under "dark" and "ominous". It is indeed very dark, and gets dark very quickly. I'll post a few comments that were under Netflix's comment section:

"Madoka Magica may look cutesy and fun at first glance, but it's actually anything but that... This is a dark show, so showing this to an 11  year old girl is definitely not recommended, but to everyone else who is old and mature enough to handle it, I absolutely recommend it." 

"Don't be fooled by the childish/girlish looking designs, it's actually quite an adult show."

"I just got finished with the first episode and only gave it a shot because of the reviews I read. They're all going on about the fact that it may look like something a little girl would get into... it actually sin't- that the anime has a lot more mature content than some eleven year old could handle... There's the dark tone overlapping everything already and it's just really amazing... Now I advise to anyone who thinks this wouldn't be worth their time to give it a go." 

The whole comment section makes me laugh so hard. But I do indeed recommend it. I love it so much, and it really is worth it. 
You can watch it on Netflix either dubbed or subbed, or if you don't have Netflix, you can watch it for free subbed here

No comments:

Post a Comment

...

...